There’s few foods that I love more than pizza. I’m an East Coast gal at heart – and IMO, there’s nothing better than that New York or New Jersey pizza crust when you’re in the need of quick comfort (half of my NYC salary went to dollar slices that I would guzzle down on the train home from work.)
Sadly, pizza isn’t exactly my go-to comfort food anymore. Just one bite gives me the worst stomach discomfort and seriously painful bloat.
Gluten is now completely eliminated from my diet, along with most other grains. But my love for pizza will never die – which is why I’ll experiment with different grain-free recipes to satisfy my need for some Sunday night comfort food.
Keto Pizza Crust
What makes this pizza recipe keto? This amazing crust from Sooo Ketolicious Made from 7 ingredients, these pre-made crusts make pizza available for those who choose a low-carb and gluten-free diet. I also love how the ingredients are clean and non-GMO!
Let’s be honest – most gluten-free crusts fall apart faster than you can say pizza. But I tried out a recipe with this crust last month and was genuinely impressed with how well it stayed together with the insane amount of toppings I piled on it.
Whether you use the recipe below or not, the crust is worth the purchase. They stay good in your freezer for quite some time and perfect for the nights you want to empty out your fridge onto a healthier crust for a quick, comforting din.
For my savory-lovers out there, this recipe is for you. Creamy goat cheese, sweet caramelized onions and spicy Italian sausage are the perfect keto combo to keep you on your low-carb diet and satisfy your comfort needs. Give it a shot and let me know how you like it!
Keto Sausage, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Pizza
- 1 Sooo Ketolicious pizza crust
- olive oil (we love Brightland)
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 8 ounces Italian sausage, cooked, crumbled, and drained
- 8 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove Soooo Ketolicious pizza crust from the packaging (should be frozen).
- Drizzle 3-4 tbsp of olive oil on the pizza. Top with sausage, goat cheese, and onions.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 15 to 18 minutes, until crust is browned.
- To serve, cut into slices and drizzle the top with some extra olive oil and the chopped basil. Before serving, cut into slices and top with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil.